Friday, May 31, 2013

Strawberry Season

A few weeks ago we had the chance to go visit our families, where they happen to grow strawberries. Because I grew up where they are grown I'm a big strawberry snob. Can you blame me? look at how pretty they are and it's still early in the season. They only get better

Last year a friend taught a group of us how to make jam and ever since I knew  I was going to make fresh strawberry jam come spring. 

it was a lot of prep and I started out with only 12 jars thinking that would be enough. Ha! I ended up making 2 dozen when all was said and done. It took the better part of a Saturday but it was so worth it. we've had it on pancakes, ice cream, milkshakes and of course toast. 


I'm seriously hooked on canning. Another friend told me of a place about an hour away where you can go and pick peaches, I know what's next!

I heart spring

No comments:

Post a Comment