Tuesday, May 28, 2013

keep on keeping on

the last couple of months have been a doozy. for me and so many people i know. Fortunately I have a God who loves me no matter what and many friends to remind me of that. 

I have a bible verse I had to memorize when I first did some one on one discipleship training at my church, about 5 years ago. its been running through my head during these tough times and has been helping a lot. also lots and lots of prayer.

Phillipians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

in the realm of crafting and quilting I'm currently working on this:

I was inspired by this pillow that Amanda Jean made over at Crazy Mom Quilts. one of the reasons I went with grey for my living room walls was because I knew I wanted to have lots of bright pillows on my couch and love seat.

its going to be one of two pillows I'm making to replaces the dilapidated back pillow on my love seat. I found the pillow forms at Ikea months ago for $5 each in the as is section, i love that little section of the store, so many treasures to be found.

we're also pretty much done with the little bit of redecorating we've been doing this spring. The paint job turned out so good, it just feels so much better in my cozy little apartment. I'll post some after pictures soon. I would still like to get a new couch and some cozy chairs but those are a ways off, but I'm happy with the way things are in the mean time.


1 comment:

  1. I love this craft project! It says 'happy' all over it. Even more, I love you! I admire every time you have felt discouraged and chose God anyway. Prayed for you today, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete