Friday, June 8, 2012

Book Worm


I just finished reading this book. Another I picked up off the recommendation of the same person who told me about The Language of Flowers.

I enjoyed this one just as much as the first. A great tale of finding redemption and love. I've never read anything by Margot Livesey before but I may check her out again. 

Between both books I now want to learn more about flowers and birds.  Neither subjects I've thought much about before but now I'm intrigued. I picked up a couple of flower guides at the library I hope to peruse. One of them is wild flowers of the bay area. It would be neat to go out one Saturday and look for some. My grandmother used to have some bird books, she loved learning about the birds that came to her feeders. She even knew what bird seed to buy to get the birds she wanted. I wonder what happened to those.

Now I'm I need another book. Anyone have any suggestions?

 Really I need to listen to the Spanish CD I picked up for my trip next month. I was one of those wonderfully smart people who took french. I  maybe know a dozen Spanish words, a few more would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment