Monday, October 17, 2011

Meal Plan Monday

Week 3 W/E 10/23

Week 2 went well with the no meat and we haven't broken down and eaten out. The polenta casserole needs some tweaking but it was decent and I didn't end up using the same recipe for the zucchini sticks but they turned out all right. We did skip the black bean burgers again (finally making them tonight) and the tortilla pie didn't get made but that's being moved to tomorrow.


Tuesday: Couscous salad with tomatoes, Persian cucumbers, and green onions

Wednesday(crock pot): Cheesy corn loaf. This is a recipe from a cookbook I've had and haven't used a whole lot called Saving Dinner the Vegetarian way: Healthy Menus, Recipes and Shopping lists to Keep everyone happy at the table. I've made a few recipes from here and have enjoyed them, I bought this because none of the recipes were crazy complicated, it's organized by season and, it has weekly meals plans and for each meal plan there's a shopping list. Basically it's laid out in a way my brain works.

Thursday: Pesto and Pepper sandwiches with spinach and mozzarella cheese with a side of Brown and wild rice with quinoa. This is a microwavable package that I picked up at Safeway to try, we'll see out it is.

Friday: We'll be at a couples retreat at our church and dinner will be served there so I wont have to cook. I'm just hoping it's vegetarian friendly

Saturday: Leftover night. I wont actually be home. I'll be at a ladies get together with Devi Titus, she's the author of the Home Experience and it's her and her husband that are coming to speak at the couples retreat. So my husband will be on his own for dinner. Everyone is bringing finger foods and I've decided to make Oreo Truffles, another fabulous recipe I found on Pinterest.

Sunday: Spinach and zucchini lasagna with garlic bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment