Friday, October 21, 2011

Lovely in Lavender


This lovely quilt was found at Goodwill for a pittance by my mother-in-law. It's a lavender whole cloth quilt that even has a sleeve. oh and can you see the scalloped edges? I don't know how anyone could get rid of it. Their loss, my gain. It's just the right size to cover my ottoman that has some bad wear spots.Here's a close up of the quilting, so pretty.
My MIL found this for me some months ago. She showed it to me a couple trips ago. I just now got it though because their cat Jerome aka romey decided it was the perfect napping quilt. He claimed it as his bed for quite some time. She had to wait until he was done with it.He has moved onto the clothes hamper, so I guess I can have it! We went to visit them last month and she let me take it home. Oh how happy it makes me, it's just so cozy. Makes me want to make a whole cloth quilt. if only my quilting skills were a bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment