Saturday, July 30, 2011

La La La

Hello Blog world. I've missed you

I've been working alot, sick alot, and doing close to 0 sewing and quilting. So I've been avoiding the blog, because I haven't had anything to say

But a couple of things have inspired me to get back on the proverbial horse.

1) I got my monthly newsletter from a local quilt shop and it was talking about a new book it's selling. Organizing Solutions for every quilter by Carolyn Woods. It got be dreaming of having a whole complete space for my all my stuff. We're in a one bedroom. apartment My sewing machine is on a tiny desk in the living-room, and everything else is in drawers in the bedroom. I'm not complaining, I make it work but it would be so wonderful to have an actual space. Well my husband last night said that maybe he'll get rid of his desk. His desk is ginormous. Then the idea hit, get rid of my desk and I take over his. I'm so excited and now the wheels are turning. I'll be able to cut and sew in the same spot. no more cutting on the dining room table. And I'll be able to store some of my supplies under the desk. So it will be a little more consolidated. I even have an idea for being able to set up a little ironing board on the top of one my carts so I can iron at my sewing machine. Soooo excited!

2) I've been wanting to learn how to embroider for eons. I have close to no hand sewing skills but I've always wanted to learn to embroider, it's up there with wanting to learn to quilt. Which I've done. I've read books. I have guides. Heck I've even watched videos on youtube. They still don't make sense to me. I was inspired yet again when I was reading the House on Hill Road blog. She was working on this lovely sampler that made me yet again want to learn. Well I found a class a while ago that teaches embroidery. I've been looking for a class for a really long time and haven't been able to find one. I finally found one and it's an hour away in San Jose (ha that rhymes!). It's also on Sundays and I have church on Sundays so it just didn't seem feasible. Well I went and looked at again and sure enough they're still offering it. It's once a month from noon to 4. I've decided to go for it. I'm soo excited.

So there's my sewing life in a nutshell right now. Nothing actually getting done but at least now I have new inspiration to get my booty in gear. What do you do when you haven't sewn or blogged in a while? how do you get back on the horse?

1 comment:

  1. How did commandeering the desk turn out? Did you get the extra space you've been dreaming of?

    Here's to inspiration...

    Thanks for the mention.

    Carolyn Woods

    ReplyDelete