Monday, November 15, 2010

Holiday season

The holidays are upon us. My busyness got worse with the start of Choir practice, but I love this time of year. Busyness and all.

I did get a little R and R before the full swings of things starts with Thanksgiving next week (next week!). I had chance to go on a Women's retreat with my church. It was at this mansion turned hotel in San Jose and it was amazing(here's a link to the website). Relaxing and the speakers were great.

We had a free afternoon Friday and what did I do with it? nap? sit by the pool or swim? read a book? Nah! Like the good fabric addict I am I went to a quilt shop that only happened to be 15 minutes away. Prairie Queens quilt shop

I had first heard about it at PIQF, they were a vendor there. Oh my goodness though it was amazing. Such a huge variety of fabrics and designers. I went there on a mission and with a new quilter. She's part of the quilt class at church and wanted to get fabric for it. She found some beautiful batiks.

I also hit the jackpot for my mission. I needed to find border fabric and backing fabric for my moms coffee quilt I started two years ago at a quilt retreat. I found just what I needed. I'm wanting to finish it for Christmas and now I'm that much closer. Best part was they were having a sale and everything was 25% off. Oh how I wish that shop wasn't an hour away.
part of the quilt top I have done


The fabric. the red is flannel for the back, the wheat kinda fabric is for the inner border and the coffee fabric is for the outer boarder

All in all it was a great weekend and I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving. I just need to get my act together on that front and get my apartment ready for a house guest that will be staying with us for a week and you know actual Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment