Friday, July 30, 2010

Spinach Artichoke Dip



I had a few people ask me for this recipe at the shower and I thought I would put it up here. I first made this for one of my BFF's birthdays in May. I'ts a combination of recipes with some additions from my self and a suggestion or two from my friend so I'm totally making up the amounts.

Ingredients:
1 package frozen spinach thawed and drained
1 14.5 ounce can of artichoke hearts chopped
1 cup of mayonnaise
1 package Knorr's vegetable soup mix
1 package of cream cheese chopped in cubes
1 sourdough bread bowl *optional*
2-4 garlic cloves minced (this is to taste, I heart garlic so I'm of the more the merrier camp)
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese

combine everything in a bowl, save some of the Parmesan to sprinkle on top. scoop out the innards of the bread bowl and fill with dip, cover with the lid. If you're not using a bread bowl just cover with foil. Bake at 375* for an hour or until hot and bubbly. its not the healthiest, but it's evilly delicious and definitely a crowd pleaser. Serve with baby carrots, celery sticks, crackers or just a spoon ;-)



if you don't use a bread bowl just put in a 9x11 baking dish. like this pretty one I found at Ross for my sister-in-law. I was quite excited to find this as her kitchen colors are black, white and red, and well its just pretty

No comments:

Post a Comment