Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Novice Quilter


For lack of a picture of my own, here is one I found of the machine I got for my birthday. It's a Pfaff Expression 2.0. I love it. Ive done some piecing, some quilt as you go and some playing with the gazzilion sticthces (ok maybe more like 104, but still alot). I've yet to do any real quilting.

I have a small (60X60") thanksgiving quilt almost ready to quilt. I just need to baste it. My problem is I have fear. I've never done a whole lot of quilting and I dont really know where to start.


Like I said in my last post I have all kinds of inspiration for quilting and I would really like to try some it out. Do I just draw it out in fabric pencil and then have at it? or should I start with something easier and just practice my in the ditch quilting and work my way up to my own designs? I don't really want to do too much free motion yet as I know I wont be able to have the control I want and it wont turn out. I think I just need to go at it and see if it works. 


I'll never know unless I try right? If anyone has any advice, please comment away and let me know. This novice quilter would greatly appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment