Tuesday, April 3, 2012

New Recipes

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but for the first 3-4 years of my marriage I hated to cook. hated. Box mac n cheese (maybe with sausage), pasta, and the occasional chicken and dumplings were about the only things I cooked. If you could call it that. needless to say we ate out alot.

Well the last few years I've been cooking more and more and now I love it. I still can't really throw things together quite as eloquently as my mother can, but maybe someday.

Last weekend I tried two new recipes that were delicious.



Meatloaf muffins. I loved the individual portions on this one.


They both turned out amazing. The hubby and I love brussel sprouts so it was great to find a new way of cooking them. my oven wasn't quite hot enough so I wasn't able to deglaze the balsamic vinegar quite as much as I needed to and it was a little too balsamic-y for me but the hubby said it was fine.

Have you tried any new recipes with success? failure?

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I am still in the hate. to. cook. phase of marriage, but I will definitely pass these recipes on to hubby! Good photo, looks delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete