Tuesday, January 31, 2012

This and That

the fabric is Make Life Colorful by Sweetwater, kona solids and a dot print that is escaping my brain

Here's the quilt top I made at the retreat. I'm adding a large yellow ric rac along the edge of the red inner border and then it will be done. It will be backed in a yellow flannel I have in my stash. I can't remember how much of it I have but I think there's enough of it to be able to only use the one piece. This is a baby quilt for some family that lives in Sweden.They will be in the states for a few months so I need to get it done post haste.


I'm joining Renee over at Sewn With Grace in her challenge to only use what fabric I have on hand this year and not buy more. I had been really good for a couple of years about not buying fabric and I've started up again and it's starting to get out of control. Not only financially but just with space. I only live in a one bedroom apartment so space is at a very high premium. 

I'm really starting to enjoy the color Red. This is quite odd because it's been the color I like the least since probably elementary school. Has there every been something you've taken a second, third or even fourth look at before you decided you liked it?

No comments:

Post a Comment