Saturday, August 28, 2010

note cards


It's a very dear friends birthday today and I just had to make her something. But I kept struggling with what. First I was thinking embellished dish towels, but that seemed so blah, then it was something else that I cant remember right now, maybe a tote? but then I remembered I had plain white note cards and I just knew what I would make. Personalized note cards.

These turned out to be the perfect gift. They were pretty quick, about 3 hours start to finish with quite a few coffee/cleaning/phone breaks thrown in. Plus I had never done anything like this before so I had to figure out just how I was going to do them. The hardest part being cutting out the letter V.

I'm really happy with the results, I will definitely be making these again. It's a great use of scraps and/or charm packs, they go quick and who doesn't like stationary?

I really hope she likes them. She's always so good about sending people little thinking of you notes, is totally on top of thank yous and is just generally good at correspondence.

The pictures didn't turn out too great because the foundation fabric I used is a bit shiny and I didn't think about it. There's 3 different backgrounds/V colors: pink, blue and green. Here's a pictures of the little bundle of finished cards

As always I love the Ric Rac :-)

Oh and see that Pink dot fabric? thats the fabric I couldn't find that led to me dumping all my fabric in my living room. It was worth it though, I love it. Oh and all the V's are fabrics from a charm pack I had of Tula Pink's Hushabye collection

4 comments:

  1. oh my goodness - is that what was inside the adorable gift-wrapped bundle next to me last night? :) great job - i'm sure the birthday girl will love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute! And I love that you wrapped them in polka dot ric rac.

    ReplyDelete
  3. like them? she loves them! the only dilemma she keeps facing is not wanting to part with them

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these!! What a great idea, one of my favorite things is mixing up textures :) very fun

    ReplyDelete