Thursday, March 28, 2013

Spring!

I love spring. Most importantly I love day light savings time. As a student I always took spring break for granted. As a working adult it's something I look at from afar with longing. This year however I get a spring break. 2 weeks! As the family I work for is going on vacation. (Well really 3 but that's another story of a blessing in disguise of illness)

I'm making the most of my spring break and doing a little redecorating project.It's actually a pretty big deal as it involves paint, in our nearly 10 years of marriage and the 4 places we've lived we've never gotten to do this.

Here are a couple of  before pictures. Living in a 1 bedroom apartment our living room is our family room,media room,craft room and office all in one.

What you can't see in this picture is my husbands desk on the other side of the chair.

To the immediate left of the above picture is this. My quilting corner,it's looked like this for far longer then I would like to admit.

Here's what this corner looked like when we first moved in. It's never really worked. we've been on the hunt for better desks for both of us. His is too small and mine is big but has never been well organized. Ultimately   we've decided just to build what we need (Thank God for a husband who is handy). We got rid of the tv and my desk will be on the wood paneled wall. The hubbies will be on the shorter wall.

I have a lot of goals for my 2 weeks off and I'm trying to figure out whats doable and whats too far reaching.

Yay Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment