Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Chocolate Oatmeal Bars



Ok as I promised a recipe. I originally found this from One more Moore, she has some great recipes that I want to try but so far this one has been the only one I have,with fantastic results.

Chocolate Oatmeal Bars

Mix:

1 C Brown Sugar

1 C Granulated Sugar

1 C Butter

2 eggs

Then add:

2 C Flour

3 C Oatmeal

1 tsp Baking Soda

Press 1/2- 3/4 of the mixture into the bottom of a 9" x 13" pan.


Over low heat, in a small saucepan melt:

6 oz chocolate chips

1/2 C Butter

1 tsp. Vanilla

1 can sweetened condensed milk

Pour the chocolate mixture into the 9" x 13" pan over the oatmeal mixture.

Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture over the top. Bake @ 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Allow to cool (at least an hour) before cutting. I usually do these the night before and put them in the fridge overnight, it helps alot. But I know how it is if you can't wait.

if you have it, lining the pan with wax paper makes life much easier.

Now the one's pictured have been tweaked. I've been messing around with changing things and introducing new flavors. These one's I added half a cup of Ghiradelli cocoa to the oat mixture and replaced the butter with peanut butter. They're just as evil this way as the original. Trust me though, try the originals first. They'll fly like hot cakes. And I will know, I may or may not have had 2 for breakfast.maybe.


Fresh out of the oven

1 comment:

  1. This is so amazingly good! We baked this when my sister was over the other day and I can't stop eating it!

    ReplyDelete